Openmoko Flasher - Unable to Flash Root File System - Error 60

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Wed Aug 13 16:31:48 CEST 2008

Am 13.08.2008 um 14:35 schrieb Rod Whitby:

> Jay Vaughan wrote:
>> Here is how I do it:
>>
>> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Applications/OpenMoko\ Flasher\ 1.2.app/Contents/
>> MacOS/../Resources/ /Applications/OpenMoko\ Flasher\ 1.2.app/
>> Contents/
>> MacOS/dfu-util -a 5 -R -D  openmoko-image.jffs2

This command can be copied from the Console log after using the
"Flash" button (even if no device is connected).

BTW: the currently latest release is 1.4 (Universal Binary) @ http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=Openmoko%20Flasher

> Please advise people to use '-a rootfs' instead of '-a 5', since -a 5
> will break the next time that Openmoko decides to change the mtd
> layout
> (as did happen between GTA01 and GTA02).

Ah, that explains everything.

Does someone have a good list of all allowed values of -a? And, are
they the same between GTA01 and GTA02?

Please test this version if it works correctly before I make it
official:

	http://www.dsitri.de/download/OpenMoko%20Flasher-1.4.1.tgz

And what would be nice is if someone can send me a list of current
repositories for GTA01 and GTA02 that you would like to see
preinstalled.

Nikolaus