Debian : Touchscreen calibration

Thomas Krahn thomas at familytreedna.com
Wed Aug 13 22:10:15 CEST 2008

My experience:

First the calibration for gta02 in the wiki worked fine for me, but after a

apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

the pointer didn't follow the stylo anymore. I needed to overwrite
/etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev.rules with /etc/udev/udev.rules.dpkg-bak and a
restart of the X server to get it moving again.

But then the pointer was very far off from the tip of the stylo.
Obviously the mode how the calculation of the position worked has
changed with the upgrade. I changed the calibration empirically. The
following /etc/pointercal parameters worked for me:

0 80000 -8000000 -80500 0 74500000 65536

(On GATA02v5 after the upgrade!)

BTW:

I also added a short description on how to get GPS working on Debian:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Debian#GPS

the serial connection is named

/dev/s3c2410_serial1
instead of