Using gmail with qtopia?

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Fri Aug 15 02:43:31 CEST 2008

Joerg Lippmann wrote:
> Am Dienstag 12 August 2008 schrieb Jim Morris:
>
>> It does not work as encryption is not enabled, there is a bug filed on the
>> trolltech bug report page under qtopia.
>
> So I guess I have to be a little more patient.
>
> (Thats one thing openmoko succeeds in teaching you... ;-)
>
> Thanks for the info!
>
>rg at home

It turns out openssl is disabled in the qtopia builds, and it seems to be hard coded, so trying to
turn it back on fails. I can;t think why openssl would be disabled, but that is why the email client
can't talk to gmail.

I've tried to build from the latest snapshot but so far have failed to turn on openssl.

I may have to play around with this for while to find out why, its possible the openssl libraries
are not in the toolchain, if so I think that can be fixed.

Stay tuned (and Lorn if you see this any ideas?)

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com