problem with full duplex voicce Tx on freerunner

Sebastian M. lists at seb7.de
Fri Aug 15 14:34:13 CEST 2008

Hi, my previous mail didn't reach the list (I hope this one works),
but if you use SIP the first mail I wrote is of no importance [I
thought you'd be GSM] ;-)

Assuming that you use WiFi you could suffer packet loss.
Make sure yours is the only WiFi-Network on that channel (try to have
a maximum "channel distance" to other WiFis!) and that you keep your
WiFi free of other traffic.
Maybe your codec causes too much traffic for a wireless (if the WiFi
is completly free you still have only arround 70% of the bandwith!)

Another reason could be a to high cpu load, but I guess that you
checked for that already?

If you upload the Moko binaries (and maybe an explanation on how to
setup a connection) I could try to verify that this happens on my
network (54Mbit WiFi, Freerunner + Ubtuntu Laptop) as well.
Can't compile myself as my harddisk has not enough free space for the
build env...

Sebastian

--
Sebastian M.
Student of Computer Science at the University of Kaiserslautern.