gta02, 2007.2: frequent wakeups -- creating workaround

Steven ** montgoss at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 22:15:41 CEST 2008

Well, you could turn the GSM chip off via the power menu...

I haven't noticed a large power drain when without signal.  It
suspends just fine now and will sit in suspend consistently.
Suspended for an hour uses 1% or so of the battery.  Perhaps one of
the GSM commands in the suspend script is disabling that search.

I have noticed once or twice that the signal strength doesn't report
right after a resume with these commands.  It may have been because I
did a suspend while without signal and a resume with.  I don't really
know...

-Steven