gta02, 2007.2: frequent wakeups -- creating workaround

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Fri Aug 15 22:23:24 CEST 2008

> Well, you could turn the GSM chip off via the power menu...

that's not really a solution.
yers ago i had i cellphone working in the 1800 band only. since my
provider did not cover the entire area i was moving in sometimes the phone
did not find connection and scanned wildly burning a lot of power.
for exactly those situations one could disable scanning, the phone did not
try to find a new tower once it lost connection, but when back in coverage
it worked.

> I have noticed once or twice that the signal strength doesn't report
> right after a resume with these commands.  It may have been because I
> did a suspend while without signal and a resume with.  I don't really
> know...

i think the comments or something i found on the net suggested that one of
the commands disabled updating of signal strength, thus wrong numbers are
to expect but should be ok soon (depending on the intervall)