loosing sound on suspend/resume (OM2008.8 + zecke testing)

Yaroslav Halchenko site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com
Tue Aug 19 18:19:18 CEST 2008

Not sure if I should file a ticket since it might be me silly done smth
stupid or didn't update smth

I installed vanilla 2008.8 + provided there kernel and some recent u-boot,
added (so left the others which are for 2008.8 from downloads. not
buildhost.) zecke testing feeds, opkg update/upgrade (few times) + few
additional applications (e.g. tangogps, gestures).

Whenever it just boots -- everything is fine -- if it goes to suspend
(on timeout set to 10 or 30 sec in Preferences) -- on wake up there is
no sound -- phone vibrates but doesn't ring, if I pick up the call --
there is 100% silence on either end.

I've checked alsa settings during proper call (prior suspend) and post
resume -- they are identical

dmesg and logreads and list_installed
http://www.onerussian.com/Linux/bugs/om.nosound/debug.1/

in 05_wokenosound you get logread and dmesg after it woke up on a call, I
received a call but it was salient, then I dropped the call, and it went to
suspend again, I resumed it by pressing power and changing it to don't suspend
-- then I dumped all those files

NB is there a way to discover full version for the running now kernel? uname -a
or /proc/version are not listing flavor (ie git shasum)

P.S. There are few issues with zecke's feeds - many packages are listed
but not available -- did opkg update and then doing upgrade:

Upgrading angstrom-version on root from 1:P1-Snapshot-20080814-r1 to 1:P1-Snapshot-20080815-r1...
Downloading http://people.openmoko.org/~zecke/om2008.8-testing/om-gta02/angstrom-version_P1-Snapshot-20080815-r1_om-gta02.opk
Collected errors:
 * Failed to download http://people.openmoko.org/~zecke/om2008.8-testing/om-gta02/angstrom-version_P1-Snapshot-20080815-r1_om-gta02.opk, error 404
 * Failed to download angstrom-version. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]