Remove GTK themeing from ASU

Russell Sears sears at cs.berkeley.edu
Wed Aug 20 07:27:51 CEST 2008

Dylan Semler wrote:
> FSO at times seems a lot more usable than ASU because it doesn't have any of
> the old 2007.2 orange themeing.  In ASU it tends to oversize the icons and
> cause them fit poorly in toolbars and such (see the terminal and tangoGPS).
> Is there any way for a user to remove the orage gtk+ theme from ASU?

You can probably just move /etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc to a different location to
kill off the theme, but it might break some gtk app icons, etc.

Alternatively, you can set the button sizes to something reasonable by
adding this to the bottom of that file (two lines):

gtk-toolbar-style = GTK_TOOLBAR_ICONS
gtk-icon-sizes =
"gtk-button=32,32:gtk-small-toolbar=16,16:gtk-large-toolbar=24,24"

See the bottom of this page for more information:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/FSO

(This info probably belongs on a seperate wiki page, and perhaps someone
should file a bug.  I thought it was only relevant to FSO w/ custom
themes...)

-Rusty