Glamo driver on Debian

Aapo Rantalainen aapo.rantalainen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 21:09:20 CEST 2008

Thanks Timo.

With Timo's instruction I compiled xglamo on my freerunner (single
user system, so no sudo and i386->armel). It took 120min.
If you are hurry:
wget http://lauta.dyndns.org/freerunner/xglamo_1.3.0.0+git20080807-1_armel.deb
(Or with browser 'save target as')

I install it.
I kill X
/etc/init.d/zhone-session

and started Xglamo (I'm working over ssh)

DISPLAY=:0 Xglamo &

(II) verbosity set to 5
Using GLAMO 3362 card
(II) Screen: 16/16 depth/bpp
(II) vram size:4194304, onscreen vram size:614400, offscreen vram size:3579904
(II) initialising offscreen pixmaps
error opening security policy file /usr/lib/xserver/SecurityPolicy
Extended Input Devices not yet supported. Impelement it at line 637 in
../../../../hw/kdrive/src/kinput.c
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic,
removing from list!
Could not init font path element
/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/:unscaled, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/:unscaled,
removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi, removing
from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi, removing from list!
Could not init font path element
/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType, removing from list!

Only X starts. Touchscreen do not work.
I started
DISPLAY=:0 zhone &

xrandr:
DISPLAY=:0 xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 240 x 240, current 480 x 640, maximum 640 x 640
default connected 480x640+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y
axis) 0mm x 0mm
   480x640        50.0*
   640x480        25.0
   240x320        50.0
   320x240        50.0

And yes DISPLAY=:0 xrandr -o left
works. The running zhone did not resized.

I started xterm on DISPLAY=:0 and it was not fullscreen and I saw two
windows. So maybe this is about window manager.

I started DISPLAY=:0 matchbox-window-manager &
and now windows are fullscreen.

When screen dims I can brigth it by tapping touchscreen so it is not
totally out of game.

summary: xrandr works, but because of touchscreen work not, xglamo is
not ready to use.

So the question is: how we use touchscreen (etc) drivers that
om2007(etc) are using?

Is this starting point?
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~dodji/xglamo/tree/hw/kdrive/linux/
There are TSLIB based touchscreen driver for TinyX [1]

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SmallX

-Aapo Rantalainen