resolvconf problems

Jesús Torres aplatanado at gulic.org
Fri Aug 22 00:11:21 CEST 2008

resolvconf doesn't update resolv.conf file. I used resolvconf -a and
resolvconf -u but /var/run/resolv.conf isn't updated. I guessed it was
because /etc/resolvconf/run/enable-updates doesn't exist. I used  touch
/etc/resolvconf/run/enable-updates followed by resolvconf -u but now I get
this error:

run-parts: /etc/resolvconf/update.d/libc exited with return code 1

It is because /lib/resolvconf/list-records doesn't exist. I don't know
because resolveconf is installed but it isn't very useful because that files
(and possibly others like /etc/init.d/resolvconf) are missing.