xfce on Debian on Freerunner

Jim Colton jimcolt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 21:05:39 CEST 2008

I agree - had thought of the security benefit but forgot to mention it.

How about a modified XDM where it presents a numerical keypad rather than a
field.  Each key would listen for touchscreen events and add its numerical
value to the entered sequence if the touch event (containing X,Y) occurred
in it's area.  One key could be the "start over" key.
It proceeds to start the session as soon as the correct sequence of numbers
is collected.

So all XDM code would remain the same except replacing current graphic
object with the numerical keypad object and adding listening for touch
screen events.  There is no concept of themes with XDM though.