Update on Bug #666

budfive hatewebmail at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 01:42:42 CEST 2008

The USA has two GSM providers, and the bigger of the two (AT&T) hasn't used
SIMs that reliably work with the freerunner for at least 5 years. One SIM
that is available today (71234O/4022) works sporadically. Many, many people
are having this issue. The lack of response is due simply to a fix not being
available. I'm pretty skeptical about this ever being fixed, since it's most
likely a problem with the GSM chip, which can not be easily upgraded.
Somebody please correct me if this is wrong.