gps via python, using dbus

digger vermont dv_mlist at verizon.net
Wed Aug 27 15:12:54 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 20:56 +1000, Matt wrote:
> Could someone kind and helpful post an example of python code to get gps
> data via dbus?
>
> I had look at the code in
> /usr/share/python-support/fso-frameworkd/framework/subsystems/ogpsd but
> I'm clearly missing something as I cannot fathom how to make it work.
>
> Thanks

Hi Matt,
I've the same interest and the same problem.  At FreeSmartPhone.org
there is a Tutorials[0] page with a python example for gsm.  I've also
been looking at the Zhone code.  Between them I'm trying to write
something to print out info from ogpsd to the command line.  So far I
haven't had much time to put toward it so I don't have anything to offer
up, but perhaps that is of some help.

Have fun,
digger

[0] http://www.freesmartphone.org/index.php/Tutorials