suspend/resume and Debian on SD card

Simon Matthews s.matthews at karrak.id.au
Thu Aug 28 16:10:17 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 10:01 +0200, Christian Adams wrote:

> when i do the same w/o X (/etc/init.d/xdm stop) FR at least
> suspends .. but when resuming i get the same effects as simon & philippe

Have you tried my workaround
        http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td781694

        This is working reliably for me. I would be interested to know
        if anyone else has tried this and whether it works for them as
        well

        If having the SD clock on all the time
        is causing problems with the GPS you could turn it on before the
        suspend
        (part of a suspend shell script maybe) and turn it off using
        echo 0 > /sys/module/glamo_mci/parameters/sd_idleclk
        after a resume.

        I have a simple script to do the suspend
        echo 1 > /sys/module/glamo_mci/parameters/sd_idleclk
        dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=/dev/null count=1
        apm -s

        Simon