Sound on Debian + Neo 1973

Christopher Allan Webber cwebber at dustycloud.org
Sat Aug 30 00:12:19 CEST 2008

Hi,

So I recently got Debian installed on my 1973 device.  I kept it pretty
simple... I just followed the instructions on the wiki:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianOnNeo1973

Everything seems to work afaict except for audio.  I can't hear
anything, and it seems nobody can hear me.  Trying to play audio with
mpg321 seems to indicate that it doesn't have anything to do with the
phone-specific software.

I tried running alsaconf, but it didn't detect any drivers from there.

Did sound work out of the box for other people?  Is there something one
needs to do to get the audio drivers working?  Otherwise, any hints on
what I can do to begin debugging this?

Any help would be appreciated.