Sound on Debian + Neo 1973

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Sat Aug 30 16:39:10 CEST 2008

> So it doesn't seem I can both set up my phone to listen to mp3's and
> communicate in calls at the same time (thus, I can't currently have a
> ringtone working!)
>
> I notice this isn't a problem with the FSO snapshot I checked out.
> What's happening differently between the FSO snapshot and the default
> debian install?  I'd like to make it so that the debian install can do
> what the FSO snapshot can, so people can actually make calls and have a
> ringtone, etc.

sounds like the frameworkd (or whatever is responsible) fails to switch
the state-files on incoming calls/hangup.
the usual first step seems to be to kill frameworkd
/etc/init.d/fso-frameworkd stop
and start it on a terminal
frameworkd
and then look at the output when getting a all and hanging up.
you probably should report that to the fso-trac:
http://trac.freesmartphone.org/
btw: where do the .state-files come from? i once tried a 1973 one on my
freerunner nad it was not fully compatible.