NFS under Debian

Juan Cañete jcazor.listas at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 21:32:22 CEST 2008

Hi,

I can't mount NFS partitions under Debian on my Neo... They get mounted but I cannot read them. I think the problem is because of the propietary of the partition. Partitions get mounted under the UID of the propietary of the server's user.

This is the file /etc/exports in the server(mrbones):

juan62 at MrBoNes:~$ cat /etc/exports
/home/juan62/musica	gagarin(ro)

This is the entry in the /etc/fstab on the neo1973(gagarin):

mrbones:/home/juan62/musica	/musica	nfs	defaults,user,noauto	0 0

After mounting the partition it mounts like this:

drwx------ 13 1000 1000  4096 Aug  2 20:59 musica

the UID 1000 is the one of the user juan62, the propietary of that directory on the server.

When I get into the partition mounted on the neo I get this:

gagarin:/# cd musica
gagarin:/musica# ls
ls: reading directory .: Input/output error
gagarin:/musica# mount | grep musica
mrbones:/home/juan62/musica on /musica type nfs (rw,user=root,noexec,nosuid,nodev,addr=192.168.0.200)

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?

best regards.

--
Juan Cañete Azorín
hiroshima 45, Tchernobyl 86, Windows 95 ...