Sad Story

Karthik Kumar karthikkumar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 13:58:53 CET 2008

Hi,

For instance, the Openmoko GPS signal level is bummed because of a
hardware fault, also there are merely quirks to solve them. The
Openmoko battery discharging, suspend and resume have not been ironed
out fully yet. You would see these in _ANY_ basic phone out there. And
people have been giving commands to get the GPRS modem to work. You
see what I'm talking about? Nothing is connected, really.

Now, If you can't get to fix these today, how do u expect a person to
program it well enough to rescue it back? You can't expect everyone to
spend all their time getting their bare minimum phones to work, do
you?

-Karthik

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 5:35 PM, rakshat hooja <rakshat at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 5:04 PM, Karthik Kumar <karthikkumar at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> One of the things I would like to say here is that if Openmoko had
>> actually made the OS & hardware work pretty reliably,  we might at
>> least be able to program it for such things (protection and what not)
>>
>> Else it's just a matter of time before all Freerunners are stolen and
>> nothing could be done about that.
>>
>> I wish Openmoko would release a stable version in gta02 than fiddle
>> around with gta03. I suspect they should have done this to the owners
>> of the neo1973 as well.
>>

> I think Qtopia, FSO and SHR work well in Neo 1973 as well. And from what I
> understand the same software will run on GTA02 and GTA03
>
> Rakshat

Karthik
http://guilt.bafsoft.net