Sad Story

Marcus Stong stongo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 20:14:12 CET 2008

I agree with this whole thread of Openmoko's fatal mistake of moving on
to GTA03 with GTA02 still being unstable and unusable as a primary
phone. If GTA02 gets left behind in the dust without ever working
properly, it doesn't say much for their company. If Openmoko feels the
hardware of GTA02 is inadequate to even bother making it a stable phone,
there should be some sort of recall and free replacement with a GTA03.
$399 for a phone that never worked properly is pretty hard to swallow,
and even harder to swallow when the company expects people to buy a new
phone while blatantly ignoring that same community of users who have
invested time and money in developing and testing their original phones.

- Marcus