Stable Upgrade Anytime Soon?

Marcus Stong stongo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 14:53:47 CET 2008

It's been over a month now that opkg upgrade has produced nothing
whatsoever. I know the "back to basics" are being worked on, but does anyone
know how long until something makes it to the stable feed? I know part of my
frustration relating to me venting on the whole "sad story" thread has been
partially because it really seems like nothing is happening. I realize
there's a testing feed, but I don't really have the time to go through all
the steps to make it work for a while.

I don't see why it's taking so long to pass anything to the stable feed.
It's not like it's really stable to begin with, so there isn't much to lose.
The dialer crashes, suspend freezes, and there's low call volume using FDOM
or OM2008.9. I really would like to see a carrot dangled in front of my
nose... that's always been the fun with this phone, and there haven't been
too many carrots lately.

Marcus