SHR - GPRS

Nathan Kinkade nath at nkinka.de
Mon Dec 15 21:05:58 CET 2008

2008/12/15 Paul <paultsai at gmail.com>:
> Thank you for your response.
>
> I honestly do not know where to begin.  I am not receiving an error,
> it's just not connecting.  I did try the internet and it is not
> connecting.
>
> I downloaded a copy of fso-config-util.py, I am uncertain if there is
> an official version of it.
>
> Is there an official howto for SHR?  Has anyone gotten to work with AT&T?
>
> Thanks

Yes, I have GPRS working fine in SHR with AT&T.  It was very helpful
for me to do the following before I started GPRS:

# logread -f

pppd logs there and you'll likely see lots of relevant messages, maybe
even an obvious error.  As someone else pointed out, you've got to
make sure the ppp device exists in /dev which has been a problem on
SHR.  You can do it permanently via their instructions, or with:

# modprobe ppp_generic

I also made another simple graphical utility to launch GPRS.  See my post here:

http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td1655100

Nathan