SHR - GPRS

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 03:35:16 CET 2008

On Monday 15 December 2008, Paul wrote:
> Thank you for your response.
>
> I honestly do not know where to begin.  I am not receiving an error,
> it's just not connecting.  I did try the internet and it is not
> connecting.

fso-config-util.py just provides a GUI that passes parameters to
org.freesmartphone.GSM.PDP.ActivateContext() and shows the output of the
ContextStatus signal, in your case 'release'. I should probably make it more
human-readable, but in the meantime you can find an explanation at
http://docs.freesmartphone.org

You should be able to enable logging for fso in /etc/frameworkd.conf if it
isn't enabled already. After restarting frameworkd (reboot is easiest) you
should be able to see debug output using logread -f.

It may be worth checking the thread "[SHR] GPRS / FATAL: Error inserting
ppp_mppe" on the community list as it seems to be covering similar ground.

What's this about an extra number that you need to enter? Is there a
documentation page you can point us to?

> I downloaded a copy of fso-config-util.py, I am uncertain if there is
> an official version of it.

http://openmoko.truebox.co.uk/tools/fso/fso-config-util.py

Unless someone's made an updated version I don't know about ;-)