[FDOM, 2008.9] USB not working after suspend/resume-cycle

Konstantin Chaosspawn23 at gmx.net
Wed Dec 17 23:04:50 CET 2008

Hi there!

Recently I got myself a usb keyboard for my freerunner, and it works quite
nicely after putting the fr into host mode like described in the wiki. Well,
except for one little thing: It only works if the freerunner has not been
suspended before. If it has, usb host mode seems to be broken.
With the testing kernel, I was able to "fix" that by rmmoding and modprobing the
ohci_hcd module, but with earlier stable kernels, that module seems to be
compiled into the kernel :(

Any ideas how I can fix that without upgrading to a new kernel? Is there some
special file in /sys/ or /proc/ which I can use to "restart" the usb subsystem?

Or, if that isn't possible, how I can upgrade to a new kernel without breaking
my current distribution (which is FDOM from October 2008)?

Any help appreciated!

Regards,
Konstantin