NTP

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 12:09:13 CET 2008

2008/12/20 Nick <net at masters.net>:
> If I download NTPd from ntp.org and then somehow manage to compile it, will
> it work (assuming a connection to the Internet)?

it's in the 2008 repos

try:
opkg install ntp
opkg install ntpclient

and that should install and configure everything

or look at
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Setting_Date_and_Time#Setting_the_date.2Ftime_automatically_with_NTP

> Is the OS on the FreeRunner like other Linux Operating Systems or is there
> more to consider when installing software like this?

very similar to any other linux os - i've only used ubuntu previously,
and find it very easy to get around om2008. the repos could do with
more software included but otherwise there's little difference