Phone wont boot Android

xiangfu xiangfu at openmoko.org
Tue Dec 23 11:44:19 CET 2008

Hi on my FreeRunner

Jim Ancona wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> wrote:

>> Somebody in the thread at some point said:
>> | I also tried installing Qi last night, for qi the red aux light blinks
>> once,
>> | and I get a black screen on the phone but the back light is on.
>> |
>> | with u-boot i just get the same black screen.
>> | This phone worked with the very first port of android but none of the
>> | updates.
>>
>> You're booted into the kernel fine, since with Qi nothing brings up
>> backlight until then.
>>
>> In Sean McNeil's kernel configs he has turned off the framebuffer
>> console completely because it caused flickering apparently.
>>
>> So I guess you're all set but something is blowing chunks once Android
>> starts.  Maybe try a different kernel image like the ones in
>> http://people.openmoko.org/andy that does have a framebuffer console.
>>

> Depending on how far you're getting, you may also be able to see something
> logged using adb (http://people.openmoko.org/sean_mcneil/adb)

i have format the SD card in two partition VFAT(200M) EXT3(200M)
with Andy's Kernel and Sean's Image:
it's just stop at :
	ANDROID [... ...] init: Unable to open persistent property directory
/data/property errno:2
[... ...] init: cannot find '/system/bin/playmp3', disabling 'bootsound'

> Try
>
> ADBHOST=192.168.0.202 {path-to}/adb logcat
and adb get nothing ,