Not supporitng GTA01? [Was: [openmoko-announce] Om 2008.12 & Beyond]

Paul paultsai at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 18:30:53 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Markus Fischer <info at flyingfischer.ch> wrote:
> ...at least the NEO 1973 will for sure be a collectors item!

Why?  I got a drawer full of non functional hardware.  How much do you
think I could get for that?

> OpenMoko was and still is for developpers purpose.

The Freerunner was marketed as  the Consumer Ready Version with the
software to complete the readiness soon to follow.  The 1973 was
marketed as the same way (Hence the developer's box).

Point in case, Openmoko needs to stabilize the framework on ALL their
devices.  The community has provided awesome apps, Midori, Minimo,
Tango, Navit,  FBReader just to name a few that I use.  FIC needs to
fulfill their promise of creating a stable platform so the community
doesn't die.

--
Paul
Email - paultsai at gmail.com

There were moments when he looked on evil simply as a mode through
which he could realize his conception of the beautiful.
Oscar Wilde - The Picture of Dorian Gray