[FSO] root file systems

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Thu Dec 25 13:25:03 CET 2008

Am Thursday 25 December 2008 01:25:46 schrieb C R McClenaghan:
> FSO seems to support several root files systems per release - console,
> ilume, gtk, etc. What is the difference - functionally or UI-wise - if

The console-image drops you off into a console on tty1 [you need to ssh into
the device to do something meaningful with it] -- no display server nor
window manager included.

The illume image contains an X-server and the illume window manager.

For reference, we regular build fso-zhone-images as well, these include some
GUI toolkits and the Zhone testing application, which -- if noone adopts
it -- is going to be phased out.

--
:M: