gta02: battery uptime

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Tue Jul 15 16:52:34 CEST 2008

>   "dim only" doesn't lock. If you can touch the lcd and it wakes, it's
> not locked. The little
> slider "unlocker" that appears when the screen comes back up is
> referring to a different
> sort of lock. "dim then lock" will put the phone into a low power
> mode. In "dim only",
> everything is running, except the backlight and the lcd (assuming the
> lcd power down issue
> was resolved).

that's very interesting!
tried "dim then lock" and it kept waking up every now and then, so i
switched to "dim only".
the last 2 weeks i upgraded several kernels, so maybe it is fixed, i have
a look.

the low uptime is the only thing preventing me from using the fr as sole
phone (as phone at al, that is) -- does the fr wake up on incoming
calls/sms?

btw: please do not simply "reply" -- the reply-to header making the reply
to go to the list got lost somehow.
i noticed tony tu already.