The death of battery killed the SMS app?

Tommi Kärkkäinen tommi.karkkainen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 21:11:01 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I ran out of battery power today, which (not surprisingly) resulted in
the phone shutting off. I plugged the recharger in, waited a couple of
seconds and turned the phone back on again. After booting up the phone
told me that there are four new SMS's which I suspect really are old
messages stored on the SIM.

However, the SMS app won't start up anymore. When I try to run it, the
screen flashes a window which reminds me of the SMS app, even though it
doesn't show the GUI. Hoping that upgrading the SMS app would help I did
an opkg upgrade, but this didn't help. I was originally running the
software that came with the phone.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

--
Tommi Kärkkäinen