Battery discharging after long time connected to the power charger ?

Russell Sears sears at cs.berkeley.edu
Fri Jul 18 19:58:10 CEST 2008

I've started noticing this too.  It bit me the night before last, when
it was plugged in for 8 hours, but the icon indicated battery status.
When I woke up, APM reported the battery was low. (I've been regularly
running opkg update/upgrade on the factory image).

Plug the charger into the phone.  Slowly count to 10 or 20.  If the icon
doesn't change to have a lightning bolt, unplug the charger from the
phone, and repeat.

I've noticed that it sometimes undims the display when the charger is
plugged in, but that it doesn't turn the charger on.  So, the kernel is
probably getting/generating an event, which is not being
received/handled by the thing that switches the charger on.

(Don't have time to look for / file a bug report till tonight...)

-Rusty