Flashing Neo FreeRunner

xiangfu xiangfu at openmoko.org
Tue Jul 22 17:16:59 CEST 2008

Jette Derriche wrote:
> I have a few questions about flashing the phone:
>
> 1) Is there a way to tell the version/date of the current image used on
> the phone? My phone is new, so I have no idea.
>
> 2) The page http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Dfu-util includes a warning
> that the Dfu-util is broken. The warning does not include a date.. Does
> it still apply?
>
> 3) What is the 'partion name' in this command:
> ./dfu-util -a (partion name) -R -D (download image file name)

i can answer question 3 :
see this:  http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Partition
partition name ------ DFU number----others
u-boot                            1      0      256 kB      Bootloader
binary
u-boot_env                     2     1     16 kB     Checksummed
bootloader config
kernel                             3     2     2 MB     Kernel uImage binary
splash                             4     3     640 kB     Bootloader
splash screen
rootfs                             5     4     rest of the 64 MB (256MB
on GTA02)     JFFS2-formatted file system
so "./dfu-util -a kernel -R -D ./image.name"=="./dfu-util -a 3 -R -D
./image.name"