Buzzing on GSM audio

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Sat Jul 26 02:51:17 CEST 2008

Dave Clark wrote:

> Can you correlate the buzzing to your signal level?  IIRC, most phones
> will increase transmit power as needed to overcome noise.  If the noise
> is caused by RFI from the GSM radio, increased power would tend to
> increase the interference.

I have a very low signal here one bar at most, I haven't tried it where there is good reception, as
I can't really use it as a phone yet. However with that clue I'll try it ASAP in an area where I get
better reception.

FWIW my other Cell phones also get very low reception here, but don't have any noise.

I hope if this is a H/W problem we can get it fixed even after the warranty expires as it definitely
makes the phone a brick otherwise.

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com