New fully charged battery does not power up the phone

MR BROWN crystaldragon666 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 26 15:13:36 CEST 2008

After reciently loosing my kernel image I followed the wiki instructions to charge up a new spare battery.  The phone still powered the openmoko logo but would not respond in any other way.  For instance, it would not turn off after displaying the logo.  Second, it would not power up after removing the battery and doing a cold reboot.  To finish, it does bring up the boot menu with the USB plugged in.  What could be going on?  I see that perhaps I can reflash using NOR u-boot.