Qt on Qtopia and FSO

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Tue Jul 29 11:47:18 CEST 2008

Aaron Sowry wrote:
> I am looking at starting development of a few simple apps in Qt, however
> until the other builds are more stable I would prefer to use the
> Trolltech Qtopia image to test and develop on. However I'm slightly
> concerned that if I do this then these apps won't work on FSO when it is
> released. Does anyone know the caveats here I should be taking into
> consideration regarding D-Bus, X and anything else I'm not aware of?

Depends on what you do. Plan[tm] for most x11 images seems to be that
many x11 toolkits should work. So should qt.

But you speak of dbus. Tha'ts where platforms currently really differ.
Depends on what you want to do. A little game or graphical app would not
need any of this.
Working with contacts or other PIM stuff, gps locations, phone access or
changing appearance of some basic apps would require a choice of
platform from you in advance. (Or at least consideration on porting it
to multiple apis)