Capricious USB connection

Mikael Berthe mikael.berthe at lilotux.net
Wed Jul 30 12:01:53 CEST 2008

Hi Arne,

* arne anka <openmoko at ginguppin.de> [2008-07-30 10:25 +0200]:
> >   kernel: hub 1-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 5
> >   kernel: usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 9
> >   kernel: usb 4-1: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 10
> >   kernel: usb 4-1: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 11
> >   kernel: usb 4-1: device not accepting address 11, error -71
> >   kernel: usb 4-1: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 12
> >   kernel: usb 4-1: device not accepting address 12, error -71
> >   kernel: hub 4-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1
>
> i've seen messages like that a long time ago on usb2.0 chips made by via,
> i think.
> there where several boot options (for the host, of course), to handle that
> kind of error, but after all on an acer aspire i had to set usb back to
> 1.1, else the usb wouldn't work at all.

I've tried with several host machines, unfortunately it didn't change
anything.

It looks like mickeyl's problem in the following bug report:
 http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1252
(but read the last comments, it doesn't seem to be like the initial
problem in the ticket).

Only one or several reboots of the FR (and sometimes removing the
battery) helped in my case... which is very annoying because the FR
won't even charge :\
--
MiKael