4.4.2 quick feedback, was: Re: QT Extended version 4.4.2 release is out!

clare johnstone claregj at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 04:05:58 CET 2008

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 4:38 PM, Nishit Dave <stargazer.dave at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have tried the binary update, which is smaller in size to download.  I
> therefore was able to keep my original mwester kernel, and haven't therefore
> seen much problem with suspend/resume so far.

The binary update is a lovely idea, I thought I understood how to do it, having
done it successfully to update 4.4.1 on the GTA02.

But on the GTA01, having flashed it with version 4.4.2 and got unending
scrolling as described elsewhere, I replaced that with version 4.4.1.
On bootup I stopped at the green screen which says "Tap anywhere"
and logged in via the USB connector.

Then in another window on the PC,  applied the update using command

 cat  qtextended-4.4.2-neo-update.tgz | ssh root at 192.168.0.202 tar
-zxv -C /opt/Trolltech/Qtopia

which appears to work, and reports the files as it goes. However it quit
long before the finish - at this point in the list:(slighty sooner
than the first
couple of tries)

lib/libQtXml.so.4
lib/libqmstroke.so.4
lib/libqtopiacomm.so.4
tar: write error: No space left on device

and looking in the target directory and comparing with an untar on the
PC itself,
files beyond that point on GTA01 have not got October dates on them.

the command  "df -h" shows a change from
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs                   61.1M     55.1M      6.0M  90% /
rootfs                   61.1M     60.7M    444.0k  99% /

Please can anyone tell me where I went wrong, as I really like this sytem
thank you
clare