Problem with g++ compilation

lakshmikanth t.lakshmikanth at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 08:10:07 CET 2008

HI

A sample file test.C compilation attempt with g++ :
root at om-gta02:~/kanth/c_prgs# cat test.C

#include<iostream>
main()
{
int x;
cout<<"Testing G++"<<endl;
for(x=0;x<10;x++)
cout<<x<<endl;
}

root at om-gta02:~/kanth/c_prgs# g\+\+ -o test test.C
test.C:1:19: error: iostream: No such file or directory
test.C: In function 'int main()':
test.C:5: error: 'cout' was not declared in this scope
test.C:5: error: 'endl' was not declared in this scope
root at om-gta02:~/kanth/c_prgs#

It shows error with iostream : Where should i include the header files if at
all. And where do i get Header files from(i read some where that normal
header files cannot be added). Am i required to install an other packages?

Thanks in advance....

regards,
Lakshmi Kanth