Neo Freerunner stopped booting (not due to the battery)

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Tue Nov 11 11:39:48 CET 2008

> I have found out that when Neo stops at the 40%, it is staying in
> /etc/rcS.d/S40networking at the command:
>
>     echo -n "Configuring network interfaces... "
>     ifup -a
>
> it never gets after the "ifup".

the only network device available at that time should be usb0. have  a
look i it is there at all.
if not, search for g_ether below /lib/modules and/or put an lsmod before
that ifup -a to check if it is loaded.

as a workaround (i do not know, how the script continues) you might try to
put an & at the end of that line
ifup -a &
so that, hopefully, the process backgrounds and the booting continues.