VPN client installation?

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Tue Nov 11 11:49:46 CET 2008

> I wonder if you want just an anomynous WLAN connection or a real VPN
> connection. Anyway, both can be traced back to you. Be it a FR or a
> iphone.

it is a common configuration to allow associating with an ap and at the
first request to pop up a website informing you, that for real use of the
wlan you are required
a) to be amember of a specific audience
b) to get an account
c) to configure a vpn client following the instructions at http://foo.bar

this allows for a) easy configuration of distributed aps in frinst a
campus network and b) using internal resources (libraries, e-books, ...)
only available for internal users via external access.