battery life problem

Gothnet openmoko at nastylittlehorse.net
Fri Oct 3 13:05:04 CEST 2008

Just a quick addition to the power topic -

I compiled and ran powertop on the phone yesterday. I know there's been some
previous discussion of using tickless kernels on the freerunner (and the
problems encountered with those), and indeed the kernel was waking up to
tick more than anything else.

However, about 25% of kernel waking came because of chatter from the
accelerometers, which I don't use at the moment (they're a bell/whistle for
after I get the phone stable).

Anyone know a way to turn them off completely?