Qtopia Extended GPS Application and Auto Rotate

Philippe Guillebert phyce at rez-gif.supelec.fr
Sat Oct 4 18:40:58 CEST 2008

Marcus Stong wrote:
> I've installed Qtopia Extended, but can't seem to find any GPS app
> anywhere, and the claims of "Dynamic Screen Rotation" leaves me
> scratching my head as well. You can manually rotate in settings, but
> it's far from Dynamic.

Hi,

I can answer the first part : in order to get the GPS application (named
"mapping demo") :
- open the menu
- open "applications" (the colored boxes)
- in the list, you should have the mapping demo.

Didn't tested it yet, since I'm indoors.

I second you on the screen rotation part.

But on the whole, Qt Extended 4.4 is really useable and fast (especially
if you load the "smart" theme, and use the latest mwester kernel).

Thank you Lorn for your excellent work !

--
Phyce