Backup Gordon

mrintensity openmoko.user at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 03:21:48 CEST 2008

A note on the subject line:  I figured if I had questions on flashing my FR,
I would use the subject line "Flash Gordon."  Instead I have a question on
backing up the FR. :-P

When flashing, they make a big deal about having to use the the version of
dfu-util that goes with the distro you are flashing.  For example, to
upgrade from om2007.2 to om2008.8 (ASU), you need to download the dfu-util
for om2008.8.

What about backups?  I downloaded om2007.8 and its associated dfu-util, and
I want to use that dfu-util to back up my current om2007.2 image.  Is that
doable, or do I have to download the 2007.2 dfu-util just to back up 2007.2?