Re-registering to GSM network

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Fri Oct 17 02:06:47 CEST 2008

Leonti Bielski wrote:
> It's nr. 1 bug for me too. I have qTopia insalled, so in theory I've got
> working phone. But, I can't use it as such, because It constantly
> re-registers.

Well, honestly I've to say that I've never seen this in my phone.
Looking at logread it often repeats my operator name but it generally
stays up. I really have lost some calls, but I figure that
re-registering was never the cause.
So, is there a way to read the firmware version/timestamp? Just to
compare different behaviors!

BTW have you tried the mwester fix/workaround for this? It's available
for qtopia too (also in binary form).

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/