un-corrupt a microsd card?

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 02:57:49 CEST 2008

2008/10/18 Alex Fitzpatrick <agfitzp.openmoko at gmail.com>:
>> for the third time in the past two weeks, my freerunner has corrupted
>> my microsd card.
>>
>> is there anyway of recovering it?
>>
>> i gather from other posts it's a problem with the partition table,
>> rather than the actual data

> I'm lucky enough to have a computer that has a built in SD card reader
> that works with linux, I don't really know how common this is.
>
> I found that gparted, which is arguably the partition editor UI on linux
> had absolutely no problems re-partitioning my micro-sd cards.

i tried the sd reader on my laptop (never got it to work before, not
sure what happened today), fired up gparted and it found the card

i ran check, and got an error message about the superblock being
corrupted, and that i should try running a check with another
superblock specified. running dumpe2fs, there doesn't appear to be a
backup

this seems odd, so either i'm making a mistake in understanding its
output, or i don't know...

any help?

cheers