GPS/SD issue hardware fix vs. software fix

Alastair Johnson alastair at truebox.co.uk
Mon Oct 20 13:52:33 CEST 2008

arne anka wrote:
>> often around 40s, whether I have the SD in or not. The kernel update
>
> running the system from sd or from flash?

 From flash when I did the tests, but I think I tried it while streaming
data from SD. Recently running FDOM from SD I find that if I turn on gps
then start gpsd from terminal then switch back to Home to use the GUI to
start tangogps, I often have a fix by the time tangogps is started, or a
few seconds later. This is with a reasonable view of about half the sky.
No test results to back that up though.