Re-registering to GSM network

Leonti Bielski prishelec at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 00:23:43 CEST 2008

Yes, it checks for reregistering, and this is a good solution right now. But
for the future I would like to have a possibility to configure that
behavior.
I know that my phone behaves like this, so I would like to issue this SLEEP
command during turning my phone on and forget about bouncing. I don't want
to wait for it to reregister 5 times before going quiet. And in an hour
again. What if someone would be calling during that time? I will loose the
call.
I know this is just a workaround but I think we can add an options like
'auto', 'sleep2' and 'sleep4' in a future. sleep2 - for people who are sure
that they have this problem, sleep4 for those who are sure they doesn't, and
'auto' for those who doesn't know yet (default behavior like now) :)

Right now I just modified unsolicited.py, to issue SLEEP=2 once and not to
issue SLEEP=4. And I don't have reregistering problem at all.
Leonti