8Gb SD card and sd_max_clk

Alastair Johnson alastair at truebox.co.uk
Wed Oct 22 11:29:21 CEST 2008

William Kenworthy wrote:
> At the moment, I am using
>
> "echo 10000000 > /sys/module/glamo_mci/parameters/sd_max_clk"
>
> for an 8GB SD card.  It does seem more reliable, but there are still
> problems that could be SD card related. (occasional hard locks when
> using a swapfile (not partition) on the SD card)
>
> Is there a better value for this? - or is more a matter of keep slowing
> it down until the problems go away altogether?

Andy made some fixes too the SD code a few weeks ago and these went into
his stable tree, but that was only available from the openmoko unstable
repos. I don't know if the fixes have progressed into testing or stable
yet, but if you aren't using a kernel with them you should give that a
try. I'm not sure how to tell which kernels have the patches though.