Qtopia questions

Jette Derriche jette at nerdgirl.dk
Mon Oct 27 09:05:14 CET 2008

2 days ago, I flashed my FR with the newest Qt image (4.4.2) from
Qtopia.net. I had read several places, that I should use Qt if I wanted
a stable phone.

1)
What does 'stable' mean in that context? I thought it was well-proven
and literally stable, and yet I have encountered several bugs which is
normally found in beta-software. For example, when loading the
addressbook from SIM, all names are chopped off at 14 characters.

2)
Is it possible to import and export the addressbook in VCard format? If
so, how?

3)
I see people on the list talking about Qtopia 2008.8. Is it a mix of Qt
and Om?

4)
The Qt Desktop is only compliant with Qtopia 2 and the Sync Agent is for
Outlook only, as I understand. Is it at all possible to syncronize with
Evolution addressbook and calendar?

Thanks in advance :-)

Kind regards
Jette