Can't unlock the sim card

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Mon Oct 27 21:06:02 CET 2008

Monday 27 October 2008 Jette Derriche wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 20:04 +0100, Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote:
> > Monday 27 October 2008 Jette Derriche wrote:
> > > Qt Extended 4.4.2 (according to system info)
> > >
> > > I am using the 'Smart' theme, but every time I reboot, I have great
> > > trouble unlocking the sim.
> > >
> > > I see the start screen with battery- and network indicator. The date
> > > and time is displayed beneath and then the 4 icons: Addressbook,
> > > Calendar, Tasks and the phone with the arrows on it.
> > >
> > > Behind the Addressbook icon is a very small keyboard with numbers on
> > > it. It looks like a normal dialup keyboard, and the color is grey. But
> > > it is very small, only 1/9 of the screen. Nothing happens when I press
> > > the numbers, except that a "Delete" option emerges at the bottom right
> > > corner of the screen.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know what is happening?
> > >
> > > /Jette
> >
> >   Yup - what's happening is that the Smart theme isn't really suited for
> > use on the Freerunner (hopefully yet) ;) - The trick for now is to either
> > turn off the SIM protection, or to switch to the old theme :)
>
> Okay... so how do I get past the lock, so I can switch theme? I can't
> even ssh to the phone.

  It's pretty difficult, but you *can* type numbers on that keypad. Do a few
tests and press delete until you are certain the numbers you hit are the
correct ones (the biggest problem is the 8 key, which is partially covered by
one of the icons, and thus very hard to hit). You only have to get past it
that once to get in and turn off the SIM protection, but do watch out, as it
of course still will lock you out and require PUK after three mistries...
Yeah, not really optimal ;)