disable suspend when connected via usb

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 02:20:24 CET 2008

2008/10/28 Stefan Monnier <monnier at iro.umontreal.ca>:
>> whenever i'm working with my neo over usb - be it updating with opkg,
>> transferring/syncing files, etc - it goes into suspend, at inopportune
>> moments.
>
>> where would i add an option to automatically disable suspend, whenever
>> i'm connected over usb? i presume an entry in the usb0 scripts to
>> change the suspend time from 30s to never?
>
>> where and how would i do that; has anyone else here got something
>> similar already?
>
> Or alternatively, disable suspend whenever we have a 500mA (or more)
> power source.

it may be an option for some, although i would still like it to
suspend when it's charging, but not being interacted with - disabling
suspend then is going to hugely increase the charge time.

if it's charging and has no connection over usb/wifi, then the only
way i could be using it is via the screen - and it will stay out of
suspend anyway then